Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Tomatoes

Tomato, Basil, Olive Oil, and fresh Pepper

Summer tomatoes are one of my favorite things. This was not always the case, as sadly I was one of those children who could not stand the taste of a tomato. Thankfully, I have a persistent mother who encouraged me to keep trying foods even if I didn't like them.

How can anyone deny the deliciousness of chilled slices of tomatoes with home-grown basil and fresh ground pepper, all drizzled with olive oil.
Typically this dish includes fresh mozzarella, but even without the cheese, the flavors of the tomatoes, basil, pepper, and olive oil are so complimentary.
I hope you're enjoying the abundance of summer tomatoes, and I would love to hear of any tomato dishes you're loving these days.

-Domestic in the District

No comments:

Post a Comment