Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Argo Tea Shop




While our trip to Chicago is a full working trip for Ken, it's only a partial working trip for me. I've ventured downtown with my laptop, camera, and a bit of an appetite to get some course work done. Fortunately, today is a bit warmer, so I was happy to stroll a little further into the city to find a place to set up shop.

Thankfully, I came across Argo Tea, an amazing little tea shop that serves up unique loose leaf teas and sandwiches. I can honestly say I've never had tea like this, as I sip my Earl Grey Vanilla Creme tea with soy milk. The flavor is Earl Grey, but has the gentle pleasant finish of vanilla. On the wall adjacent to the counter is a tea lovers dream of assorted loose leaf teas, that can be purchased by the ounce or in prepackaged containers. The flavors include Masala Chai, Rooibus Pomegranate, Blueberry White, Fruit Sangria, Chamomile Blossom, and Hibiscus Apple. For now I am content to savor my Earl Grey Creme, but I have every intention of leaving with a fresh cup of the Pumpkin Chai and perhaps a bag or two... or three...of loose leaf tea.

A special thanks to my dear in-laws for the wonderful loose leaf tea pot. I will be putting it to good use just as soon as I get back with my loose leaf teas!

-Domestic in the District

No comments:

Post a Comment