Saturday, October 16, 2010

On A Personal Note...

Sometimes there are people in your life who are so important and unique you just know you'll never be able to fully explain all the reasons you adore them. Well, Nancy Lee is one of those rare people for me.

Here are a few pictures of her from a recent summer trip we took to Philadelphia. I chose these because together they show a bit of her sincerity, spunk, and her timeless effortless beauty. She amazes me with her compassion for others, and her seemingly endless ability to accomplish a thousand tasks at once- and to make it look effortless. She is faithful and steady in her love for God, and she orders her life around what she believes. Her sense of adventure grows each year, and she constantly seeks to learn new things. She is fearless. She is quick to encourage and slow to criticize. She enjoys life to its fullest, and makes sure those around her have the opportunity to do so as well. She is an incredible and admirable woman.

Today is her birthday, and I hate to miss the chance to sing off-key songs with her, make her birthday dinner together, and chat about life over a cup of tea while we sit on the couch. Happy Birthday, Mom!! I am so thankful for your friendship. You are without a doubt one of my very favorite people.


Thankful for my sweet mother,

-Domestic in the District

No comments:

Post a Comment